Sunday, February 05, 2006

Inside My System

Intel Celeron
M processor 350
1.30 GHz

480 MB of RAM

These confusing numbers and words mean:

My microprocessor is in Gigahertz which means the pace for executing instructions is a billion cycles per second. So my microprocessor clock operates at 1.30 billion cycles per second. Apparently Celeron processors aren't as powerful as Pentiums, but they're good for running software and will save $100-$300 on the price of a computer.

RAM-(random access memory) is a temporary holding area for data, application program instructions and the operating system. With RAM you can purchase more for your computer, I usually just call it memory...but it's a pain to install. So, I have 480 Megabytes of RAM. The typical number for RAM is 256 MB and the best is 512 MB, I'm in the middle.

In the book it says my computer is a popular "low-cost" computer, but my computer wasn't cheap...maybe because it's a laptop. In my opinion, computers aren't cheap in general, but I love my computer. It's a Compaq and from my experience with computers Compaqs/Hewlett Packards are the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home